PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unified Ra65 For All In Cx
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 08:23
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a complete outsider with no axe to grind in any direction please may I ask a couple or three of questions?

1. Does anyone in CX seriously expect to get bypass pay from SFO to captain without having passed a command course?

2. Can those that are most put out by an extension of retirement age from 55 to 65 and claim that, "they signed a contract to 55 and that should be it" put their hands on their hearts and say that there have never been any other contractual changes, good or bad, that they have let slip by without protest?

3. On the up side the extra ten years in company employment will, in part, make up for the lack of pay rises and bonuses, won't it?

Had I had the chance with my company to extend to 65 I would probably have gone to around 63, others would have been gone the day after their 60th birthday so, realistically, how many on the 55 contract will actually go much beyond 60?
Working out exactly how much an individual has really been delayed from getting their command won't be so simple but aren't they getting, (possibly), another five years on SFO pay with increasing increments now and a further five at the top end of the captains incremental scale?
(or even ten) as they will have the opportunity to extend beyond 55 too?