PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The apparent glee about operators failing
Old 1st Mar 2009, 00:12
oziatc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deaf,
I think you missed my point. If you leave things until you need an administrator/ receiver you are a poor businessman/woman.

What I was suggesting is that there is a corporate world out there waiting for an excuse to TRIM staff, reduce salaries and maximise profits. The plans have been there for some time and have been awaiting a justifiable trigger. Now is such a time!
The benefit for any company in this position is that fear drives their current employees harder and productivity increases out of this fear.
Rumour plays into this management strategy! For the sake of your own jobs and that of your friends in the flying fraternity don't perpetuate rumours. There are some instances where facts need to surface and issues appropriately dealt with but you guys need to band together right now! I think the aviation scene here in Australia is one of the best in the world. SO DON'T TALK YOURSELVES OUT OF JOBS!

Please don't misinterpret my comments. I am not suggesting that you censor or stifle debate but be circumspect in what you write. You guys are smart enough to fly aircraft and be the envy of much of the Australian community, be smart enough to support your mates and the economy by promoting your companies rather than disparaging others!

All I am saying is Be Professional!