PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-4 Phantom
Thread: F-4 Phantom
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 21:58
ARINC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vividly remember getting shown round the jet for the first time by a grizzly Flm. He told me to get in the back seat whilst he put power on, having dutifully checked what seemed like dozens of seat and canopy pins, I got in. He warned me spcifically not to touch a thing, as a fresh faced JT not wishing to blot his copy book at such an early juncture, I needed no such urging. With the A/C now live he jumped into the front seat, as I glanced infront of me at the Nav kit I was alarmed to see a flashing red light at eye level with the legend EJECT on it.

I hard all sorts of commotion from the front, and not wanting to stay to find out, I got up and out in fairly short order. Charging down the steps and onto the pan in barely controlled panic.

Gathering my senses I looked round to see 3 other Flm's creased over in laughter at my antics and looking back upto the front seat saw my tour guide laughing like a drain too.

My introduction to the front seat operated EJECT command light for use during loss of comms ! It had of course no other use than to let the back seater know he would be on his own in a second or too.

Then there was the time they trapped me behind the radar.....ahh fun times