PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air getting B777
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 16:48
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to predict - quietly yet proudly - a return to good fortune for GF and a resurgence of passenger load that has somewhat deserted the carrier of late. Don't ask me why, but I feel there is a more than slim chance that GF may rule the Arabian skies again in a few (5+) years time!!

Why? Let's just say - we in the industry, who have to stake our lives on how things will proceed henceforth, are very conscious of complacency.

Complacency doesn't cultivate success. Fu*king it up and having to start all over again DOES - somehow - tend towards success.

Wait and see. And GF'ers, be proud of the 777's and look upon them as the first step towards something better. I know they are originally 9W and full of ludicruous marble galleys and teak F class suites etc, but your bosses are trying hard because they know they MUST. They know that GF must again strive to rise above the ridicule that has become of recent years of folly. The Camels, Oryx and Falcons of the UAE and Qatar are mere (complacent) newcomers. There is only one "Golden" Falcon in the region and surely those of you employed by Gulf Air need need to take a step back and stop being so aggressive towards the hand that feeds?