PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ... would have had better submissions in here....
Old 28th Feb 2009, 16:46
tinpis
Silly Old Git

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face ... would have had better submissions in here....

Ekkkk....

Helen on cloud nine after win - Northern Territory News

Helen on cloud nine after win

DANIEL BOURCHIER

March 1st, 2009
FLYING HIGH: Winner of the Sunday Territorian and Vincent Aviation `Name a plane' competition Helen Cannon with the Beech 1900 plane named `Lady Arafura'. Picture: CHLOE ERLICH

FLYING HIGH: Winner of the Sunday Territorian and Vincent Aviation `Name a plane' competition Helen Cannon with the Beech 1900 plane named `Lady Arafura'. Picture: CHLOE ERLICH

LADY Arafura has taken to the skies on a special flight with the Territorian who thought up her name on board.

Helen Cannon won the Sunday Territorian and Vincent Aviation competition to name a plane.

Hundreds of entries were received, with a range of wild, wacky and only-in-the-Territory suggestions.

Ms Cannon, 49, was awarded $1500 and a scenic Darwin flight in the aircraft she named yesterday.

"I thought the name was appropriate because it would be flying over the Arafura Sea," she said. "It was something local. And planes are elegant and sleek - I thought that was a lady."

Vincent Aviation general manager Stephen Kingsbury said the initiative was to give the fleet of five planes a Territory flavour.

"I think they were amazing names," he said.

"The names give the planes a bit of an identity, it is a talking point as people are boarding."

The other four winners of the competition to name a plane were Angela Tassell with Cloudcutter, Nevarda Hodges with Northern Spirit, Greg Quill with Island Angel, and Christopher Wilson with Barramundi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~