PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some unity on paying for Type Ratings and line training?
Old 28th Feb 2009, 12:09
The Mixmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the problem with generalisations, they are often easy to prove wrong. I've never paid for a TR, quite the opposite, so how have I contributed to the problem? On the other hand you now have pilots in the sytem who bought their TR/jobs. Now, if you said they owed the current crop of wannabees a helping hand I'd agree with you. They contributed to the SSTR timebomb, they should help sort it out.

I think though that you'll find that by their very nature many of those who ignored the consequences of their actions when they paid for their TR probably don't give a toss about those struggling now. Try pinning one of them down and asking what help they'll give. I did. Nearly two weeks ago I asked a RYR FO on here what he'd do to help new cadets avoid paying for a TR. Still waiting for the spineless bugger to answer.
Once again the attitude of lets blame the wannabe's is astounding!! How can you lay the blame at the door of those with X thousands of debt, some with families and others to feed, for trying to get their foot in the door of the industry.

People who previously have paid for their type ratings are victims of market conditions. There is no way in to FR as a low hour cadet without buying a Type Rating so, please explain, how can a RYR FO change that for new cadets?

Seems like you're fortunate enough Flinstone to have been hired by a company thatdoes not enter into SSTR's. Others, especially in this climate, are not so fortunate.