PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Second Fake LAME Identifed
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 12:07
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BIG call
I know 4 motor mechanics, 2 sheeties, 1 fiberglass, and a pastry chef all lames and all have served apprenticeships, not at qantas but in there trades and all got a course before you.

dont you know all promotions at qantas are merit based
dont be bitter because you did not make the cut

P.S. you need 11 basics to sit a type course
If I, as a former apprentice AME, former AME and a current LAME were to pull up stumps go to Bakers Delight for a job.. for example, I pass on my CV and point out that I was a very good apprentice, great marks at padstow, good attendance record, did well at alexandria, great reports from all the crews I was on, became a qualified AME then did 10 meaningless aircraft mechanical theory exams and 1 air legislation exam, did obscure mechanical flying device type courses gained a license from CASA, worked hard on those cold night shifts doing engine changes and unblocking ****ters do you really think would they employ me as a baker ? I don't think they would some how.

Yet a baker, from Bakers Delight can bluff his way into Qantas by padding his resume to make it seem he's somewhat mechanically capable. Fumble around for a few months until he blends in well enough (which was more then easy in the old Qantas), figure out that he has to sit 10 basics to be considered for a course, sit those exams and put his name at the end of a list, as it once was in Qantas.

Countless exmaples exist, who remembers the debacle of the South African recruitment drive.. oh there is some stories there of people that Qantas PAID for relocation and organised residency permits for in Australia yet had never touched a plane until they walked on board the QF 744 that took them to Sydney.

So who are the imposters ?

I'm not saying that all outsiders are useless and all internally trained are perfect but Qantas has hardly been one to address standards in the past for their workforce. Is it any suprise now on what is coming out in the wash at the moment.

PS
you only need to sit the 3 core exams BA BB BC and the applicable airframe/engine exams to sit a course GG GH for engine and the rest of the alphabet for airframe. AA only needs to be sat prior to applying for the license... but of course you should know that domo. got any cakes ?