PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Cadetship interviews....
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 11:05
Atlantic_Conveyor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Atlantic Airlines, scheme is only half sponsored, so the Fug's tell me. And you need to fund the PPL and hours building off your own back. This does not seem like a good deal to me when you need to spend 12-24 months earning minimum wage. I don't know the deal with RVL for sure. However, I do know that their pilots are on 24/7 callout at short notice with no quality time off. Like Atlantic, they fly very few hours and the planes are mostly not turbine, so not ideal career wise. The work is also by it's nature quite dangerous, don't forget it. The Highland one seems like the best of a bad bunch, but 5 years on a J31 in a hick town in the back of beyond.....also a danger job.

If I was young again I think I'd get a good job outside of flying, pay for it all off my own back and instruct my way up to 1000hrs ASAP. RVL, Highland and Atlantic will still want you because they are all desperate, all the time and always will be, for good reasons. That way you can used them like all the other young guys do, Get a quick command and leave for greener pastures. These are all good stepping stone flying jobs but leave it to obsolete old wrecks like me to be stuck for 5-7 years.