PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hudson survivors may Sue US Airways
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 07:41
doubleu-anker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most of us are aware of the effects of PTSD. However US air did not set out with the intention the passengers and crew should suffer from this disorder. They didn't want the aircraft to crash anymore than the crew and passengers on that flight. So why lash out at the airline and try and sue them? I cant see any intent there whatsoever.

Now if you can sue OBL for 911 then I would have some sought of respect for the US legal system. But they wont because he is not a soft target, is he.

This litigation nonsense is so far out of control in the US, Doctors on flights that plan to be in US airspace from abroad, are reluctant to put "Dr" on their ticket in case they are called upon to deal with a medical emergency. If they screw up a medical emergency, on board in US airspace, they do not look forward to possible/probable litigation from the person whose life possibly, the doctor is trying to save. You can thank the fear of litigation for that. Putting lives at risk and not trying to save them, thanks to the good 'ol U S of A. God help America!

Is this an acceptable way for loving human beings to behave?