PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staying, Leaving, Re-Joining?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 07:22
Front Seater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H-D

I am all ready to go and have had enough of the AH world thanks - great job, but not for life and Mrs Front Seater is pretty threaders. In answer to your question though, although there is still a pretty good rotary jobs market at the moment(Bond big advert in Flight last week), as well as some over seas options as a civilian, I am just going to watch and endure this rubbish lifestyle for a bit longer as I am too frightened to jump just at the moment (although my CV is with Bond - as is everyone elses!)

I am not alone in my small AH world - as when the recession comes to an end (which many are saying is between 1 and 2 years away) and the job markets really do open up, then I know many colleagues that will leave as quick as possible, in the shortest legal time frame.

It is going to be extremely interesting to watch how the MoD and all 3 Services cope with the potential mass exodus when this recession does end, as I know that I am not alone in just sitting on my elbows watching to see the right moment to jump this sinking ship.