PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hudson survivors may Sue US Airways
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 06:34
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish some of you would read about PTSD before you make your posts!

The simplest google search will give you this:

Posttraumatic stress disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll go out on a limb and say that ALL these pax and crew are Grateful to be alive. But that has NOTHING to do with any PTSD that may arise from this event.

To one individual, PTSD can be debilitating to the point where they can't leave their own home. Another individual who experienced the same event may have no effects at all.

People who say things like:

if they are suffering from PTSD, they should take the $5000 cheque US airways have provided and spend it on councelling...
have NO IDEA what they're talking about. Individuals MAY require YEARS of counselling and/or other psychiatric help. They MAY find that they cannot perform their job (you know, what brings in the money to buy food and all that). How is $5000.00 going to cover that?

Or this:
(the flight would have been only 3 or 4 mins long) but is that enough to cause long term damage?
From personal experience, I can guarantee that when you are thinking "OMG! I AM GOING TO DIE" every second is an eternity! Who are you to say that there wont be any long term damage?

Lastly, spare a thought for the Flight crew and CC who may be reading this! Some of the comments on this thread don't help!

DIVOSH!