PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Walkin Interviews for Qualified Pilots @ Singapore (2 to 6 Mar 09)
Old 28th Feb 2009, 01:26
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can agree with much of what alahaigaigai has to say. but
You can expect 4 block days off a month and a much awaited new rostering system that will allow bidding.
I've been hearing that story since 2002 and beyond.. it's just not going to happen here. we have a multi-million dollar system that most people don't know how to use properly and every time there is a management change ( average every year ) things are changed dramatically and not always for the better. ( normal for any airline really)
yes I will say that things have changed allot in a positive was since my arrival eons ago.. but far to slow as already mentioned.

and Bidding ??.. LOL.. thats like telling people there soon will be bases at outstations.. it's just NOT going to happen. we have to many megalomaniacs / control freaks here for anything like that to happen in this airline.

example.. these days the new policy is, new hires CANNOT have a choice of company accommodation or finding there own place to live. what makes anyone think there will let us choose where to fly...

don't get me wrong,, I've been here a while and don't really mind it.. but then again.. I'm a bit ... well... Poisoned by the place I guess.

Poisoned by compromise
Krunch