PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 23:27
saracenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winco - apologies that I've been a little quiet, but I've been snowed under with various Vulcan-orientated tasks

current 'status' is little different than before - the March 6th deadline for £1m pledge total still stands, but we have increased the figure SUBSTANTIALLY since the last time i posted here - largely due to The Scramble on Sunday last (well done chaps! )

on top of that, i personally have been dealing with Flying Signman on a daily basis to 'square up' various plans/schemes etc. these include an internet banner campaign on a VERY busy website, used specifically by those to whom an Avro Vulcan means a great deal. sorry i can't tell you which website - it's not 'secret squirrel' at all, just that i don't want you all rushing off to look - it'll only 'waste' our banners!

this is what it looks like - don't bother clicking on it, it's only here to show you! thanks to our 'tame' graphic designer for his speedy and excellent work!

the feedback so far is very positive.

another scheme currently in full swing is our telephone campaign - calling ALL our member/friends database to inform them of the situation and garner their pledges. I've personally made over 60 calls last night and tonight, with pledges totalling nearly £1,000. there are several doing likewise.

other schemes are also in full swing over the next few days, that will give us maximum publicity; i know that Flying Signman is doing an inordinate amount with this at the moment - as I've said before, he is THE most effective Committee member we have.

as for the continued 'changes' - a notable example is what Flying Signman has achieved with the changes to the www.vulcantothesky.org homepage; a long running 'issue' that many of us have been for literally MONTHS!

I've also been involved in that in the tiniest way, but i CAN tell you that, at long last, VTST are finally listening to us - we've come up with the ideas and they've been acted upon within three hours!!!! now THAT never happened in the past!

as ever, i can't speak for Dr. Pleming or his communications with the 'outside world', but that is of little consequence at present as WE are going at it hammer and tongs! the message IS getting out there and that's the important thing, irrespective of who it is that's doing it!

i personally have a couple of outstanding issues with Dr. Pleming which i will chase up in due course - aka not letting him get away with it!

THE focus still remains March 6th - let's get that secured first before we embark on other matters.

i still remain IMMENSELY impressed with Michael Trotter - like Flying Signman, he is one person who actually GETS STUFF DONE! both are real assets to VTS and 558.

the good result might well be another eleventh-hour nail-biter, but it IS going in the right direction and IS possible - none of us are giving up yet!

Winco, i hope that answers your query

sm

Last edited by saracenman; 28th Feb 2009 at 01:06. Reason: stoopidity