PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some unity on paying for Type Ratings and line training?
Old 27th Feb 2009, 23:14
Philpaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philpaz, not eveyone was born with a silver spoon, some people actually have had sucessful careers and earned the money to fund training
Your quite right, I have a career that pays more than most captains, I work hard and pay as I go, which is why i'm much more prudent with what i'm spending my hard earned on. If it was someone elses money it would be a different story. I dont agree with paying for line training, but an SSTR is just another take on the bond system really. Your paying either way. Other than the costs involved i dont see any relevant comparison between paying for 737 hours and slogging it out instructing and taxying. I cant say from first hand experience, but i imagine, the first few hours in the 737 RHS are far less stressfull to the man in the LHS if your a 3000 hour TP FO compared to you as a 200 Hour Piper FO.

The problem is that the whole buying your way in to the industry can be looked at from so many angles. Most Integrated students, if they were honest, would say its the chance of a job rather than the quality of training that drew them to that route. The fore mentioned difference between Bond and SSTR, the list goes on.....Its all about money, how much you've got and your willingness to spend it on the dream!