PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Schools
Thread: Flying Schools
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 18:01
L'aviateur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did half of my PPL from Sandtoft, and found it a good place to learn at. I now fly regularly from Sandtoft and Doncaster when i'm in the UK. It's friendly, has a good school, good and keen instructors and a good atmosphere. Down sides are that it doesn't have a great social life and is a bit expensive. Ideally you want somewhere close though, because you will have times when lessons will be cancelled, and also as you get closer to your Cross Country Qualifier, you'll want to be on notice by the phone for cancellations and any day that you can manage to get suitable weather to get round.

From the description post, i'm guessing that Netherthorpe is your closest flying school. Full Sutton, Sherburn and Sandtoft will all be around an hours drive away, which can be a bit tiring. Flying from Doncaster means you have to pay an extra 7 pound per landing (if I recall correctly).

If you are available this week, i'll be flying out of Doncaster and you're welcome to join me and we can fly into a few local airfields and meet some instructors. Most of them are places I drop into anyway whilst i'm hour building.

Last edited by L'aviateur; 27th Feb 2009 at 18:11.