PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watch out with this guys in Congo DRC.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 15:59
JTrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I somehow don't see the repo man making it out of the terminal in L'shi alive, let alone getting anywhere near the ITAB ramp. Seriously - you couldn't pay me enough to repo that airplane in the Congo.

The ITAB/Air Katanga guys have deep connections in L'shi. Once they got that airplane to DRC, whomever leased it to them lost all leverage as that airplane ain't leavin' the country until its broken down into beer cans. Wouldn't be surprised if they renegotiated the lease down to about 500 Congolese francs a year..... ;-), because that country is the Wild West and laws just don't apply, especially when that Saab is only doing domestic hops.

If you don't believe me, just use the search function and read about the B707 9Q-CLK, a Congolese airplane which got repo'd in Lanseria about a year and a half ago. Congolese pilots came down and flew it out of there even though the aircraft was not airworthy and the gear wouldn't come up. Congolese people don't mess around, especially when the repo man shows up on their own turf.....

JT