PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Hero" pilot's pay cut, pension stopped
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 14:37
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Sully, he is doing us a great service.

But as long as we all act independently and selfishly we have no chance of improving this situation
Wouldn't that be nice if a huge pay raise could stop aircrafts falling from the sky !!
In the 60's when Pan Am pilots were hooning around the planet, they also were scatering aircraft remains about at a very high rate.
Safety has increased by a s...t load of folds in the last 4 decades while salaries were steadily decreasing. So ???
As to Sully, well fellows.............how many Sully's among us ???? If I may ask. Can anyone here claim he would have done the same thing ??? I for one don't know and I have been flying aroung JFK a lot these past weeks.
So forgive me for saying that I find all this a tad far streched to claim that fat salaries would turn all of us into potential Sully's.

In reply to the above quote, I can promise you that the current situation is going to show how many pilots are prepared to fly for nothing, pay for their type ratings and accept any working condition.
Commercial aviation is shrinking and the beancounters are, sure as egg, going to have a lovely time. Finding pilots will be absolutly no problem for them.
So Sully, I salute you for what you did; I pray to God the same doesn't happen to me so I don't find out what I am made of. Congress doesn't give a tinkle fairy's a..s about how much you bring home or that you have to work 2 jobs, nor does the public and sadly, nor will your pax once they've started moving on with their lives.
You did honour.................well, to yourself and your family and you blew me away on CBS 60 minutes. Until I do what you did I will not use your fame and skills to claim a few pennies.