PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Cadetship interviews....
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 13:04
RobStob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually know an employee who flies for RVL who recommended the scheme. Sounds very promising. You might be contracted to work for 4/5 years with the company on completion of the scheme, and worked very hard whilst completing it, but to have your training paid for is possibly the best opportunity around. It really depends on if you care about coming out the other end and going onto jets sooner rather than later. Obviously if that's what you're looking for you'll have around 5 years before you can start looking for a jet t/r. I was looking at applying to RVL, in fact I had my application ready to send off before I was accepted into the CTC Wings Cadet scheme. I know it's a little pricey when you pay for the foundation PPL out in NZ, but to get your jet t/r and line training paid for, with the likelihood of being a f/o at the age of 21/22, is too tempting a prospect to not pursue.

Is the Highland scheme still open? I'm sure I checked their website and read that it had been closed for some time. One of my old flying instructors went to fly for them.

Good luck to all who apply for the schemes. I've spoken to cadets from both schemes who were very happy.