PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watch out with this guys in Congo DRC.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 10:31
Mobotu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying In Congo Drc......

Hey SAABFLYER,

Sorry for not posting sooner but my Superhero costume went for drycleaning!

Good news - I heard last week the boys from Lumbum had their SAAB re-posessed - apparently the aircraft was under lease/purchase and you were not the only one to not get paid. So revenge is sweet.

HOWEVER - did you not realise when you took the job that Congo DRC is the third most corrupt country in the world(Officially) - Were you confused beacuse the owners have Belgian Nationalities - (this is only because Belgium unlike most of the world inherrits Nationality from fathers not place of birth) - They are all Congolese - born and bread! You are just a parasite they use like toilet paper - a necessity owing to few local pilots available for the moment.
Here is my advice to flying in the DRC - if it is contract flying paid by a company outside of DRC then fine but don't complain about ATC, runways, living conditions, security etc..... because your main reason for being there is the MONEY!
If you want to work for a local company there then like Mel Gibson said in Air America you have to be "Flying for a Cause" - either you want to save the world or you don't give a about it! And that's the truth.
Money, accomodation, safety standards, overloading - are not relevent because like the hijackers in 911 you either believe what your doing or don't give a rats arse!