PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police ASU pilot and observer wings.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 07:13
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
TIGHTROPE

I worked as an ASU Pilot up and down the Country in the Early 90s. Having seen the kind of sh1te the average Bobby has to put up with it no doubt in mind that the Bobbies/Observers have earned the "Right" to wear insignia OF ANY KIND Keep up the good work boys (Being nice just in case you catch me speeding - again).

Its is a bit of British thing "I don't feel the need to wear badges cos I am already a legend in my own lunchtime" kind of attitude.

I like badges, especially ones I have earned, I Joined the Boy Scouts and worked like a mo-fo to get as many badges on my arm as I could. Why! Cos I thought that went I went to Intercamp the Girl Guides in the tents next door would ignore that fact that I was a spotty geek and shag me sensless cos I was a Hero - must be look at all my badges.

Here I am nearly 40 years later I am not really sure if anything has changed. I think the motivation is the same only the wife will not let out much so there does not seem much point anymore.......................

The right to wear wings in my view extends to ALL aviators. It does not matter whether you drive, sit in the front/back working the FLIR, or wear a tight skirt and high heels serving drinks.

Wings say one thing - I commit aviation for a living and I am proud of it!!!