PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas:The Trashing Of A Brand
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 03:11
gavpav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farewell to the GRINCH!

I hope AJ can fix up HR and IR within QF as it has always puzzled me over the years that we usually attract very talented people when we advertise for a position and then within a year or two most employee"s are disengaged. Respect, dignity and trust don't cost an airline much but can make the difference when you want to be the worlds best airline. I met KB in BNE at a roadshow in 2007 and pleaded the case for my home port which were losing flights to JQ at the time (We will never canibalise mainline QF ops !) . He said he didnt want loyality from staff, just a great bottom line. He shot a colleague and myself down in flames when we mentioned all of our achievements and cost savings in our port. We left that roadshow extremely motivated (not) and wondered where QF found this GRINCH! Most people I work with do a great job and are aware of the doom and gloom and costs. We all were very proud to wear the uniform and tell people where we worked but I am sure that that feeling has been eroded by mismanagement for a great proportion of staff.. I think the GD method of rewarding excessively your Execs while telling the staff that the sky is falling and that THEY cost to much didnt work for his 8 years. This is the person who ruined the brand -GD-very happy for you to leave Geoff!
Lets hope there is a genuine change at the top or it will just be more of the same!
I feel better now- Time for a swim!