PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super Puma down central North Sea Feb 2009
Old 26th Feb 2009, 22:42
papa68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patience vs accuracy

All,

I have been keeping tabs on this post for the last few days and I can't help but be bemused by some of the posts on this thread.

On the one hand, we deplore the media and their rush to get a story (often at the expense of the truth) in order to satisfy the public's need to know straight away. On the other, some of us appear to have to know something (no matter what) in the interests of safety. DOUBLE BOGEY has been particularly vocal in this regard.

I do agree that it is rather odd that absolutely nothing has been released by way of a statement etc. However, I would rather hear nothing that just mere speculation. We already have that in this forum, courtesy of some very informed individuals and some not so informed. I have already made some (I hope) informed judgements on what may have occurred but am patient enough to wait for something more definitive.

DOUBLE BOGEY - for what's worth, I think you're being a little emotive. The investigation will reveal all in good time. The fact that nothing has come out as yet suggests that we can probably (please all note the use of the word probably) rule mechanical failure. But again, I choose to wait for official word. In the meantime, I don't expect us all to suddenly fall out of the sky.

And for the record, I fly both the 332 and the 225 and I am not sitting around more concerned for my safety as a result of this accident until the investigators prove I should be.

And here's the rub... it might take some time to prove such.

P68

Last edited by papa68; 26th Feb 2009 at 22:45. Reason: syntax