PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frankfurt ATC
Thread: Frankfurt ATC
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2001, 18:54
scanscanscan

Your landing runway is a secret, because with their system they do not know, yet, only the 25 direction!!
Because we are trained to programme our Fmc above 10000 feet this not knowing our runway, prevents us from doing our sops in our usual sequence,it ups the stress and we do not like this conflict of systems. Playing guess the runway,programme the runway, check the profile, check the missed approach profile, at 4 miles a minute descending at two thousand ft per min, is not safe flying in MHO.
But Hey nobody in management cares!They donot have to do it.They are only reactive not proactive to safety, its the Tomb Stone approach again.
Have you captured the FRT 25R Loc and had the automatics track you outbound, not inbound? That causes a bit of a wake up on the FD.
Frankfurt is basically OK if you are not flying on fumes, and listen out carefully, and both of you have the reactions of a **** house rat a good day.
My pet hate was Rome where they change sids on you at rotate!I was easily gottch-youed on that.

------------------
We will do the drill according to the amendments to the amendments I er think?