PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TWA CASULTIES - FIRST BLOOD
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2001, 00:28
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>After Aubern Calloway over at FEDEX (terminated by Tigers, Hired by fedex, take an axe to the crew of the DC10 in flight) I can atleast see their point even if I don't agree with it.<<

Auburn wasn't terminated by FedEx until after he "axed the captain" for a jumpseat. He did falsify his employment record about his past in the Navy and at Tigers and had a hearing scheduled. After a commuter crash a few years ago employers are required to research employment backgrounds more thoroughly.

>>Quitting eagle in bad standing 15 years ago can really come back to haunt you in the future. Moral of the story, always give 2 weeks notice.<<

Yep, you sure don't want to burn bridges in this business...

Although TWA was sold as a going concern, the fact that it was brought back into bankruptcy gives the debtor in possession, the buyer and the judge a lot of discretionary power when it comes to employing TWA's workers at AA.

>>When they become a full part of AA in Jan 2002, they'll be expected to resign from ALPA and join APA.<<

Well, I wouldn't resign too quickly, APA might well fold under the weight of the $45.5 million fine according to several published reports and the AA pilots may be headed back to ALPA...