PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 17:19
SASless

Received 512 Likes on 214 Posts
C.C.C,

I really feel bad my comment harmed this un-named individual's character.

I would suggest however, as reinforced by Stacey's post.....the "character" did that by his felonious actions and lack of moral character at the time of the events during which several people were killed due to his misconduct.

You will have to excuse me for being less than willing to be charitable about this but when someone kills innocent folks who have placed their trust in his "character" and professional abilities, I consider it the most contempible of conduct in aviation.

As Stacey posted:

this was a serious engineering up and the engineer concerned decided to keep his mouth shut until he was found out

CCC.....please explain why you consider the discussion of the causes of this fatal crash from long ago...and fully investigated...as being inappropriate?

I would suggest it should be a case study for "How Not To Do Maintenance" and be used to remind young budding Engineers of the critical nature of their profession where lives can be lost if they make a mistake.

The vast majority of Engineers I have known all lived up to the highest level of responsibility and professionalism but as in any profession there are some that should not be in the business.

The tragedy is even innocent mistakes can result in horrible results.