PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair recruitment-facts
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 12:49
skyflaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Widebodywilly , Captplaystation,

Before getting too excited try and understand what Im trying to say.

Why is it that this market is so flooded with pilots right now? Of course the major reason is the economic situation but its also because many people aspire to do this job. Why are so many willing to take huge debt for a 12 month course on the gamble that they find a reasonable paying job afterwards? Perhaps its a similar reason for all of us - we have this flying dream/bug etc etc. Of course it has responsibility attached to it - I dont want an idiot flying me all over the place as a passenger either - but compared to other industires - its difficult for me to justify whining about the fact that after a 12mnth course, not too intensive (yes the groundschool does require work and no I wasnt brilliant at it either ) I cant find a 30-40k job that treats me like god.

Anyway, Im not campaigning for lower salaries - Im not campaigning for pilot responsibility to be taken for a joke - but I am campaigning for less whining by individuals that think they should land into a cozy contract earning good money after a 12 month flying course when this is not the norm compared to many other professional vocations. I agree with a pilot being seen as a professional but then again judging by some responses above egos also need to checked.