PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R66 (merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 12:11
R44-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tails of the skids in the hover seemed quite low with only the pilot on board, what's it going to be like with three pax in the back?
Sits the same as a R44 with 1 pob, and if it's gonna be the same as the R44, you have to load two front up first. i.e there shouldnt be 3 in the back 1 in the front, it would have to be 2+2 configuration. Like the R44 is not just with a little extra seat squeezed in the back.(in the above case empty)

I should imagine it wont be too bad in the back width ways, because if you think about the 'drinks holder' (obviously to be used as a seat) between the rear seats, that, plus upto 8" wouldnt be too bad really. Don't think the things any longer is it? So probably the same leg room which is medioca imo, not much good for proper charter like a B206, ok for pleasure flights though I would guess, but I think they would still use a piston for that because 1 seat wont out way the extra operating costs.

It'll be interesting to see what it burns an hour......

As said, I think the possible success of this will be determined by its operating costs.....