PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 11:21
C.C.C.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thridle Op Des
he was too modest to mention this
Perhaps it was but as I said it was not my photo. Did not think it was necessary to mention on here about getting the 'Cup'.

Your photos of 5N-AOF are very interesting in relation to the variations of the 'Coastguard' paint scheme that was adopted overseas. Some did not have the front blue line go all the way onto the cabin roof, thickness of the blue line varies, but the red highlight around the particle separator intake is a nice touch - not seen that one before.

Of course I recall you did a lot of graphics for the Company when this scheme was introduced, but it seems that the UK, Australia, Indonesia & Nigeria were all using a different copy.

Oldlae -Thanks for setting the record straight regarding the loss of PK-HCJ. Sorry to hear about Tommy Bayden.

soggyboxers - Must be something to do with the 'J' & the 'L' then. 5N-AJL was one of the Wessex 60s which returned to the UK when the fleet was withdrawn by Bristow. Now sits at the Helicopter Museum in Weston-super-Mare as G-AVNE. The 2nd 5N-AJL was a Bell 212 that was written off at Onne Port on 30/06/1998 (Monty Hartley + 4 paxs - RIP).