PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryanair hires 30 junior pilots!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2001, 02:39
Bangkok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all I would like to reply on my own reply in which I clearly state that the AIRLINES think that hours flown in Europe are better then those flown in the States. Since I did my training at the NLS and have flown all my hours in Holland (I have never been in Hilversum or Lelystad) and surrounding countries I don't have any idea how flying in the States is. And cavu what I'm trying to say here is only applicable to low time pilots.
Bokkerijer: It seems you are very frustrated about your own training. Couldn't get accepted by the NLS or KLS? But for the price I have paid, I could have 1000 hrs if I started at an other school in Holland. (Yes, I've paid every last cent myself, but because I was going to do the NLS, de bank would loan me the money. Why would they do that?) Since the KLM and daughters did not hire low time pilots for a long time I think that the "free market" pilots in Holland had an advantage above us. (The pilots KLM hired, did indeed have a lot of hours, becaus KLM was looking for captains and not F/O)
About languages: How many letters do you think I have received in which I was told that I have had a very good training and that when I spoke Finnish/Swedish/Spanish/Bahassa or Chinese I sure should apply again? But I have to agree with Alpine Flyer that everyone from outside the UK has the advantage of speaking a language other then English.

The major advantage by the NLS/KLS is that they have student counsils/directors who are trying to make contacts with airlines. They invite airlines to have a look at our syllabus so that they can see what kind of training whe have had. Untill now most airlines were very impressed by this syllabus. Now concerning Ryanair: Whe have the big advantage that the NLS is part of Schreiner. In this way the NLS can offer "type rated pilots". This is why Ryanair wants to give us a contract. So yes, the $25.000 is only applicable to NLS pilots.

So I'm sorry, eat the grape!