PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unified Ra65 For All In Cx
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 06:55
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyril

Joeshoe says... "Age 65...Easy. Company just has to pay for it."

Those of us in the real world know that will not happen; Therefore, I see only 3 ways forward;

1. The Status Quo remains.

2. A "New Deal" is introduced which is RA65-No BPP. I suspect this would fall down partisan lines, because the Junior Crew are not prepared to accept a period of some 10 years with no promotion/ bases. Obviously, this will be a bit less if guys voluntarily retire before 65, or a bit more if RA subsequently extends out to 68/70 or unlimited (which exists in some Countries).

3. A "New Deal" is introduced whereby 55+ take a bigger hit in earnings to subsidize a transparent and fair compensation for disadvantaged Junior Crew. Again down partisan lines, and Senior Crew will again (with some justification) scream "discrimination".

So there you have it in a nutshell Cryril..... can you think of any other options? Thought not, as this has been done to death and only ever ends up with these 3 options.

Cyril, although I read the words in your originating post, what my brain actually registered was the following question..... You Junior Crew are nice guys (no really..I mean it), why don't you just bend over and take one for us old guys?.... or am being too cynical...?