PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryanair hires 30 junior pilots!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2001, 14:19
batty_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basically it works like this:
If you have money you have a better chance of becoming an airline pilot regardless of your actual talents via the approved school route.
If you dont then its a tougher route, used to be via the states, where the flying is the mutts nuts and the standards high ( in general).
the arrogance of these 200 hr middle class dutch plonkers is astounding. they are confusing privilage, or wealth with ability.
During my uk coversion i learnt squat about flying, alot about decca navigation.(what bingo has to do with flyin I dont know).

A Little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, especially in someone who has probably been bred with a superiority complex.

One way to level the playing field would be for the government to run flying training fir civvies with a common entrance allowing anyone to attempt entrance without penalising them for any educational history or social background.intelligence is intelligence regardless of state exams.
only then will the industry cease to be infused with arrogant over privilaged tossers, empowered by crm to blab their under qualified opions at inapropiate times.
(not slagging crm, just that aspect of it)
the old check and balance of the self improver has effectively been neutralised by the jaa requirements.

If the government will train you to be a doctor for nothing over 6 years why not a pilot for 18 months.

right i'm off back to bed and i can spell, i just cant type.