PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Plane crash in Shepparton.
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 04:51
povopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the pleasure of meeting Pip just a few weeks ago when he was in town performing for Skandia week. I had just got back from a nav late in the afternoon and was surprised to see him parked near the bowser.I popped over for a chat and he intruduced himself and was more than happy to answer all of my stupid questions about his aircraft, he seemed to have just as many questions about me and how i was going with my flying as i did about him.

What an absolute gentleman, and what a take off when he departed for his routine over the bay - absolutely awesome.

Another cool memory was at Avalon a few years back, There were some bogan petrol heads right up on the fence next to me making burnout gestures to all of the aircraft taxiing in after their performances (Not sure what they were expecting???) and no-one was giving them any notice until Pip saw them as he was taxiing in and he pulled right up close to the fence, stomped on the left rudder and gave it the fat - probably as close to donuts in an aeroplane as you will see.

Always a crowd pleaser and a showman. RIP.