PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 22:56
zerotohero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i went there,,,,, one twin that does break as all aircraft do yes, so would be nice if thee was a back up plan in case of a lenghtly tech problem,,,, the airlines do go tech yes,,, i went tech a week ago,,, within 35mins we were in a new aircraft fueled and boarded ready to roll again!

o yea,,, there was only one pilot flying the twin,,, nice guy but seemed to be bored to tears and lost the will to live in there let alone teach, did the job but only cos he was there not cos he wanted to was my impression.

only flew once a day and not on weekends cos the one guy needed time off and had other students, so with a tech day flew 3 out of 7days 1st week and 4 out of 7 days 2nd week.

atc liked to talk greek and give local points for nav,, all good if you know them but there not charted so you have to ask for help from the instructor, ok it works but does not help you feel in command.

school had crap wifi when i was there and i hear now thats gone alltogether, so what do you do all day except look out the window? i was converting so not much study to do.

apartments had no A/C and no WIFI! they were clean enough and basic to live in,,,,, but come on,, WIFI is a must these days.

ground school students were treated like kids! some of them were to be fair, but no drinks in the classrooms,,, no instructor half the time i heard and so self study on a full time ATPL course!!!!!!!

free transfers once a day to and from the apartments,,, great deal,, but not if your doing one flight,,, your then expected to sit all day doing nothing with no entertainment or pay for a taxi back to apartment with again no entertainment or wifi

once you get your license you have to call and call and call to get it issued,,, if something comes back to the school wrong from the greek CAA they wont call you and tell you, it will sit in a folder until you call them and ask why the delay,,, then you submit the new info and wait again and again,,,,,,,, took just over 3months to get my license issued after the checkride!.

and blah blah blah there are other things but i am bored of writeing now.

to be fair all flight schoold are crap and money whores,,, these guys you may get it done, it might be cheaper,, your in the sun,,,, but for more than a conversion,,, i would look elsewhere as you may just decide sod it and fly the aircraft into the tower in frustration!