PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Friends of Tony Hoyle pse Rally Round
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 22:04
4PON4PIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends of Tony Hoyle pse Rally Round

It is with great regret that I recently learned that Tony (ex 46 Sqn Andovers) suffered a stroke a fortnight ago and is still hospitalised. However his wife Leslie hopes that he will be able to return to their Lechlade home 'ere long. He was totally paralysed down one side but is now able to walk a few steps but is unable to talk and has a very very short memory span.
Leslie is obviously spending all her time with him and doing all possible to get him back on the golf course!
The professionals caring for Tony have advised that such patients need continual input to revive old memories so this is where those of you who are old chums of Tony & Leslie can possibly help.
If you could spare a few moments to put pen to paper with a few anecdotes, memories, (especially useful if accompanied by piccies), then Leslie can read these to him over and over.
I hope to get an e-mail address within the next day or two but you can always pm me and I will reply only to genuine chums who are unaware of their current home address for "snail-mail"
Just a thought, but..It being Lent, I think it always better to do something positive rather than continual denial of ones "treats".
In anticipation, many thanks to all who respond.