PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 25th Feb 2009, 21:43
thesandfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having a son on the LHR day who incidently also failed let me say that reading some of your comments Etihad got lucky, one thing is for sure the selection process has removed many that I would hate to find sat along side me. I am told that they are not looking to take on hundreds yet hundreds wish to be taken on. It is clear, always was clear that most would fail, why, because and I quote, they were unable to demonstrate enough ability and knowledge at stage one to answer "SILLY" questions. I am also told some saw fit to attend what amounts to a first step in what is a great career dressed as if they had come from the circus. As one from the front end let me advise you young lads and lassies that dress IS important. Your passengers do not take comfort from pilots who are unable to dress in an appropriate manner.
In line with the majority of your comments I believe my lad will also have benefitted from the experience, he most certainly is in step with those amongst you that accept that Etihad offer a chance that is not available elsewhere and he has taken the set back on the chin but determined to try again. I hope that the initial reactions of the critics of what seems to be a first class selection procedure take time out to change their attitude of sour grapes to one of "let me try again" I wish son and all other failures success in the world of aviation it is a great career, just keep trying. Finished a nine hour leg, read the mail so to the bar for a quick one, good luck all.