PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks ...
Thread: Thanks ...
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2002, 03:58
St_Paul_Island

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of more than two who have said yes
My figures are what CX has from latest round. No idea what % that is of total contacted by CX since 9 July last year. It is affecting the ability to recruit, as they are already short of pilots and even now still have aircraft parked. Loads are around the 90% mark so it's not due to lack of passengers!

Of course they'll tell you that if you say no that will be it! They've spent years telling lies, what's a few more? Do you believe them? I don't. Other "expatriate" options are DragonAir and Emirates, both pay more and have much faster times to command. Emirates are hiring, DragonAir is about to. Those who've interviewed for DragonAir in the last few months should hear from them soon.

Don't forget Thai, Singapore, Malaysian, Brunie, Air New Guniea, South Pacific, Virgin brand X, Y and Z, Gulf Air, Kuwait, Saudia, Korean, JAL, Air Vietnam and probably a few dozen more. Anyone who claims that CX is the only airline in the entire world that will hire them is being unrealistic. If you applied to CX you must be eligible for at least a few of them - at least one I would hope! Otherwise you are saying that CX has the absolute lowest standards of experience in the entire world, which doesn't flatter you or us very much, does it?