PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius Crisis
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 19:00
mkdreamliner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MK

I fully agree with jet cockpit that the problem at air mauritius is mismanagement, political interference and MK is definitely overstaffed at the management level.

However, it's not true to say that ALL mauritian recruits are amateurs or backed by politics They got their licenses through flight training and the required CAA exams just like you did. True some start with no airline experience but I believe most airline companies are favoring locals and giving them a chance to start a career as a pilot. And I believe they go through a selection process with HR and MK chief/training captains .. I do not think these guys would recruit someone with no interest in flying. Note that the last selection exercise was carried out by 43 Air School .. I do not believe that 43 Air School staffs were influenced by politics.

It’s always sad not to have the contracts of the expats renewed because they had their contributions to the company. However, currently some aircrafts are grounded and flight frequency reduced .. so what do we do with the excess pilots?? Some will say why not sack the Mauritian pilots but remember it’s cheaper to have the locals.

True the problem faced by expats is all linked with the hedging problem and mismanagement .. guys be it MK or any other companies I believe the same would have happened. It’s all about getting the Pailles en Queue back in the sky now and if this means reducing the fleet, expats, cutting jobs .. it will be done .. else MK will be history in a few months.

Sad though those responsible are still enjoying their end of month salaries ..

Last edited by mkdreamliner; 26th Feb 2009 at 03:15.