PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryanair hires 30 junior pilots!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2001, 22:11
Bangkok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had read some magazines lately concerning aviation, you would have read a lot about ab intio training. Conclusions of these articles are mainly that airlines want to have ab initio pilots because of their training which is completely focused on flying for an airline.
Besides most of the European airlines see one hour of flying in Europe equal to five to ten hours in the States (their statement is that flying in the States is like driving a car on a parking lot). And how much good will 500 hours of cessna do me when I will fly a b737?

The 200 hrs I have made, were all done in Holland and surrounding countries and consisted mainly of local training. The cross country flights I have made never took longer then 1,5 hrs (vice versa). Most of my training was flying different approaches on different fields and abnormal procedures.

Still, I agree that 200 hrs is not much compared to some captains who have flown 15000+. But I sure do not compare my training with a dentist who likes to fly for fun. So, you don't have to be afraid to send your relatives with my airline!