PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP article re: local v expat terms
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 16:41
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a suggestion about supply and demand for ya ACMS, since we have a surplus (a.k.a. supply more than demand) of pilots, why don't we start chopping the more costly bunch (a.k.a. expats) to get it right back to where the balance should be? Should help to pay our anti-trust fine that way and maybe even produce a tiny bonus for the remaining tens of thousands of "local AND expat" employees in the firm. That could work with a mandatory unpaid leave too if we so desire to keep these expensive surplus just in case we can't get enough DEFO's to fill their spots once the economy picks up again. Wonder if these babies would cry foul when the "locals" dodge a bullet when the pink slips start flying. Oh wait, we can't do that cause it's called "DISCRIMINATION"!!!! WA WA WA, I can't support my kids that have to be put through the same private school that the locals go as well. WA WA WA, I can't support my family back in wherever they are. WA WA WA, my ex-wives are taking all my money. WA WA WA, I can't afford the mortgage for my 2000 sq ft apartment in mid-levels. LOOK, the river is overflowing already.

If one is here short term just for the dough, granted, he deserves to be paid like a king. But if one decides to call this home and eventually become a permanent ID holder/residence, then live like one. If the "locals" could live a decent life without housing allowance from Day 1, I'm sure these "ex-expats" could too, unless of course if they're bunch of girlie pu$$ies who can't really get out of their fantasy world into the real world. But why wouldn't I be surprised? Oops, I can't say that can I? I'm "DISCRIMINATING"!!!!

Last but not least, let's not forget our CoS is signed to be changed without consultation. So don't be surprised when your "expat" CoS is uni-laterally changed into a "local" CoS, which has been done before with HKID holding DESO, who paid their own way through training just like the so-called "expats". You do have a choice you know, if you don't like it, you could go up there and simply says "I QUIT". And we'll all say bravo and wish you best of luck with ur new gig out in the sandpit. I'm sure the locals there won't have as big of an issue with discrimination as in HKG and u'll get to keep your housing allowance too.