PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 25th Feb 2009, 11:32
Rj111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was counting on that program to realise my dream. I have a feeling this kind of assessment is unfair though. I think they should review CVs or sumthin first. Cause anyone can attend the assessment and some probably don have that much interest in aviation or knowledge and I don know if going straight to assessments is an objective way of selecting pilots. cause you might be a rocket scientist and shoot through those assessments but that doesnt mean you can become a good pilot. Ive been flying a lil in Australia and clocked 27 hours on a 172. I went solo after 7 hours of flight only and scored on average 95% in exams.
Take it on the chin. EY are only looking for a small number of pilots and are searching the entire world so they are clearly looking for the very best of the best across a broad spectrum of skills. The people who have passed have done so on merit.

I'm sure are a great pilot and have the potential to be a great commercial pilot in the future. But the odds are against every candidate in this scheme. So don't be downhearted by not passing.