PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Holding Pool
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 07:51
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norman, by lack of cohesive response I was thinking in European terms i.e with the right percentage of UK pilots as members, you are able to respond to the company effectively in respect of UK contracted bods ( something that could be easily achieved within Ryanair too , if BALPA and the UK based pilots would only bite the bullet.)
However, like Ryanair, the more you expand in Europe, the more difficult it is to present a unified response to the company representing all pilots ( as has been proven by the pushing through of Ryanairesque different conditions in Madrid & Germany) Happily for your europilots, the collapse of the pound has left them probably better off than if they had originally been contracted in Sterling, but I am led to believe that their contract is not so favourable in other respects. It is not the fault of BALPA, or indeed your Easy BALPA reps, it is a Europe wide problem that is of course exploited by any company with this mindset. As usual, when it is only a loss to the menial employee, the Eurocrats seem in no hurry to introduce any beneficial legislation. These differing contracts are the foot in the door to "divide & conquer", look at the RYR situation to see where it can go. All the new terms & conditions being proposed to new (fixed period ) hires are just the logical extension of this "sucessful" policy, look to the yellow & blue team to see the ultimate expression of the art.