PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Deal with Non-English Speaking customers
Old 25th Feb 2009, 07:17
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Red Hat.....ten points for your artistic skills!!!! Very clever and lateral thinker. I think we all need to take art lessons.....my stick figure drawing isn't very convincing and informative!!!! LOL That is very dedicated of you, I guess we all have our own special ways as human beings to communicate with others....some people draw, some people act, some people sign language....it all amounts to how creative and lateral thinking we all are.

I have another tip, along the same lines as Little Red Hat's.......sometimes I would ask people sitting around the passenger if they speak English and language 'X'...chances are, there will be somebody in the vicinity/zone who is bilingual....I ask if that person would be so kind as to help the passenger fill in the card and take them through immigration. I always feel for people who can't speak English coming to Aust...I always imagine myself in that person's shoes...it must be so terrifying and scary to be bombarded with all the Quarantine regulations etc.