PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 05:58
ChalfontFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think there is a very good chance Eastern will be given some form of local council aid given that they are very keen to promote more business in the Burgundy region & in particular increase use of the airport which currently just has a somewhat irregular use by charter flights.
Given that the pilots would mostly likely be seconded from a UK base to fly these routes then perhaps they will also get reduced price or even free accomodation paid for by the council. However french native speaking cabin crew (locally recruited) would I suspect be the council's preference perhaps as a trade-off here!
We will have to wait & see though when an official announcement is made - I've checked the CCI (Chamber of Commerce) website as well but can't find anything of direct relevence to this news.

Certainly according to the article funds are potentially being made available on the back of this to resurface Dijon's runway.

As for PSO's, I don't think so as it is not on the latest schedule published on 21st January.