PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP article re: local v expat terms
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 02:55
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This can of worms reopened is great for fishing. Gets something hooked every time, myself included.

Just going to nibble at the bait one more time before retiring to my bottom feeding grounds. It's actually written in the training contract that you sign for ADL that there is no guarantee of being hired by CX. True that the probability of not being hired is remote but it has happened more than once and none of the guys that I know who have met that misfortune are still flying by geographic design (i.e. they can't work anywhere else to build up their hours, holding only BNO/SAR passports). An unfortunate twist by nature of their birthright..but I think it serves to highlight that nothing is guaranteed for locals either.

But since we all clamour about how so few of us get the big picture, why not illuminate the fact that any division still persisting is because both companies are adept at playing at playing that deck of cards. I-deserve-this-because and you-deserve-that-because falls neatly into the corporate master plan. Idealistic as it might be I think advocating one COS for everybody across the board is a good umbrella to start resolving the other issues that harangue the pilot community.

Fiinal two cents. Maybe.

Lite