PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello from a (hopefully) Smart Ten Year Old
Old 24th Feb 2009, 21:16
Joshb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It worked

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for all the replies, I didnt expect that many. Mum thought I wouldnt get any. I told her they would come at night as Pilots dont finish work until 8-9pm, then maybe an hour to drive home, then unpack, then watch a movie with their wife or fiansi or whatever they call it then come on the computer.

I have a Flight Simulator (which I have crashed - oops). Its Flight Sim 98 so I think I need to save up for a better one and also a joystick.

Someone said about keeping fit, I compete in a dog sport called Dog Agility maybe you have seen it at Crufts? I borrow my friends dog and my mums but hopefully I will get my own pup to train in the next year. I'm up against very good 16 and 17 year olds sometimes so dont get lots of rosettes but its good fun. Thanks Redsnail for the Helmet advice, I could do with one for ankles to as when i was on my quadbike for the first time I was waving at Mum and didnt see a stone had fallen out of the wall. It got stuck under and it was like being in loads of turbulence up and down, up and down. I baled out but got my ankle caught, but my head was ok altho I wouldnt be able to use rudders for a while

I find school a bit boring but will try my best. Last week I heard i had passed an exam to get into a very good Senior School but I'm not sure if I can as mum and Dad say its probly to big a commitment. I want to go as they have RAF Air cadets. Dad says if I cant go he will try to find things outside of the school for me

Thanks for the advice re buttons, glad i dont need to worry about it to much. I enjoy watching TV programmes and have learnt a lot about aeroplane parts (the other day I had to tell my teacher what an Elevator was when we were designing Rockets ). The flaps are my favourite as if you dont move them you crash!

Mum laughs about me saving up money , i am lucky I have done a bit of TV work so I have saved some, though I paid mum £5 a day for when we were away from home and bought my little brother a present and me a DS.

Thanks again, I hope to chat soon. Hope this post works!!

Josh