PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Introduce Mobiles Onboard
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 20:14
dicksorchard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mobile Phone use to Chav or not to Chav ?

Michael SWS

No one actually said that it was ok for BA passengers and not Ryanair passengers to use mobile phones whilst on board an aircraft ......

I was actually responding to what Hellsbrink previously said

aircraft full of people going for a chavtastic holiday to the Costa del Plonker

and Flying Frisbees response to it !

So are some mobile phone conversations acceptable, depending on the perceived social class of the callers, or the content of the conversation?

What i was actually trying to point out to you in my hopeless attempt at humour was that there seems to be a distinct whiff of prejudice and snobbery within some pprune posts especially with reference to Ryanair and its passengers ?

Misconcieved stereotyping of its passengers for a start ! Chav is a word that never seems to be mentioned with reference to any other airlines passengers that i can recall and can someone actually tell me where exactly is the " costa del plonker "

raffele

Obviously not an issue on Ryanair, being all cattle class

I travel by Ryanair and last time i looked in the mirror the word Chav did'nt spring to mind and i resent being likened to one of our moo-ing friends !

Little has in fact been said about Ba or any other airline for that matter in relation to the companys plans for mobile phone use on its aircraft and to my knowledge its passengers never seem to be shown in a negative light ?

Sorry if i offended anyone but being labelled a chav simply because i fly Ryanair isnt on chaps !