PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair recruitment-facts
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 16:17
Flintstone

Clanger.

Excellent post. I don't feel that any of your suggestions are too silly. Crack on with them old bean, let me know how you get on. Actually you're wasted in aviation. Ever thought of politics?

The only way my T&C's would be undermined by this SSTR malarkey would be if I ever found myself needing to pay for one. Then of course I'd do what I've done before and decline the offer, worked for me then and hasn't held me back one bit. Of course it might have hindered me if my idea of progress was straight into the RH seat of a Boeingbus but I've always taken the more relaxed view that the best part of a journey is the trip itself. I'll wager that my scrapbook is far more interesting than it might have been had I bought my way up. I've enjoyed my career progress, all of it. So much more fun than being the homogenised product of some system.

Look back over what I've written. Nowhere have I said this affects me personally. What I have said is that it's now made things harder for wannabees to get a break into bizjets and that irritates me. Until relatively recently those of us 'inside' could recommend someone and that would be that. Now because they've seen the airlines do it some operators are demanding SSTRs which has stymied some great people. That's what annoys me, not because it has affected me directly (because it hasn't).