PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FOM to Civvy St
Thread: FOM to Civvy St
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 17:36
FOMere2eternity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mil

Hear you on the FJ thing - never done one, but know the score.
Your info on the FAA course was promising - 3k for that plus extras is a bargain in real terms.

I still have the option of another 15 secure years but I hope my ambition and balls kick in to stop the future unfolding like that. I would be disappointed if I woke up then and thought "was that it ?"

As for FOTS, it will continue merrily for now, using FOM experience as a crutch. Interesting how we're good enough to do it, but not do it with a different badge huh ? Anyway, I'll be accused of being bitter if I'm not careful - actually, I'm not, I just wish the people they were employing to command me had the ability to do so ! Good luck to them if the company wants em...

For now FOTS is a jolly jape where no-one gets chopped. It will evolve with time because it will have to. In the mean time 100% pass rates are good for stats but not for ops rooms. A part of me is relieved I've kept some credibility on my shoulder !!

I'll try and create an anonymous looking e-mail account somewhere so we can chat outside the public spotlight. Will let you know what it is next time.

I did start the C&G 7282 Aviation Studies a long time ago, but lost complete interest. It was kinda funny - the examiner (?) had a list of cheesy expressions for 'correct' - stuff like "that's a good answer Bloggs" and "Yes, Bloggs, you're right again" - I really wish she'd just stuck with tick and cross !!