PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Lightening Strike at PFO
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 15:00
Andy_S

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
Speaking as somone not employed in the aviation industry......

What enthusiasts, spotters, wannabe's and those with a casual interest in aviation need to remember is that this website is provided by, and for, aviation professionals.

Lightning strikes, emergency landings, diversions etc may sound dramatic, but to a professional pilot they are just part of the job and hardly newsworthy.

There are far too many threads started about routine matters like this, and far too often the casual enthusiasts are the culprits (and the first to get prickly when the real professionals are dismissive of the 'news'). PPRuNe is not an enthusiasts chat site. We are tolerated here through the goodwill and endless patience of the moderators, and should respect that by either posting to the appropriate forums or considering whether we need to post at all.

If I invited someone into my home and objected if they started smoking, it would be impertinent of them to tell me that I can always go outside if I don't like it.... Unfortunately, that's the behaviour that some people are exhibiting here.

Thank you for your time.