PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP article re: local v expat terms
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 14:48
14MonthInterview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh D@mn,

I don't know which company you work for, either way...

CX currently takes on cadets who are Permanent Residents, Residents and will probably shortly be introducing the cadet program to those you call 'expat off the street' (that in itself a contradictory term!)

Not only that, they have also taken people (expat or otherwise) 'off the street' and paying them $XXX,XXX HKD to be train as instructors and giving them a seniority number whilst working as an instructor in ADL, these people potentially have ZERO experience before starting their course and will be offered employment on full expat terms once they return to HK!!!

You are correct that we take the RHS as S/Os at KA (not JFO) with not much more than 200hrs. But what happens when we get the same highly regarded 2500hrs that you had when you joined, which would have all been on 320/330's no less, do we automatically get the package you're on? Are you willing to bet your expat allowances on the fact that there are plenty of locals with more experience than their expat colleagues but are still discriminated against because they are classed as 'local'?

Finally, I don't know if you mingle with the lower class you refer to as locals, but you will find many KA and CX locals hail from all over the world.

Sorry Fooey, its not personal, but you put it out there so I had to vent!